Much like the first Pirates of the Caribbean, Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, brings all the excitement and adventure you expect from the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise. In the fifth film from the franchise, we see five of the original cast members return, Orlando Bloom as Will Turner, Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow, Keira Knightley as Elizabeth Swann, Kevin R. McNally as Joshamee Gibbs, and Geoffrey Rush as Hector Barbossa, alongside newcomers Javier Bardem as Armando Salazar, Kaya Scodelario as Carina Smyth, and Brenton Thwaites as Henry Turner.
The film itself comes in a close second to the first film as our favorite Pirates of the Caribbean films as Jack find himself in an exhilarating adventure full of ill-fortune, mishaps, and setbacks. As Jack once again finds himself without a crew he must form new alliances with Henry and Carina to evade Salazar who has escaped the Devil's Triangle and is hell-bent on finding and killing Jack. Jack's only hope of survival rests within the Trident of Poseidon, which can only be found using the map Carina holds, a map that no man can read.
Check out our 5 favorite moments from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales.
5 Favorite Moments from Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
- Salazar and the Dead Men. First of all, Salazar is amazing. One of the best villains ever. His rage and hate for Jack Sparrow and all pirates for the matter makes him hauntingly terrifying. But pair that with the frightening visual effects he and his crew of dead men are created with, and you have not only an emotionally disturbed terrorist but a visually disturbing one as well.
- The heist. Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales kicks off with an attempted heist gone wrong (in typical Jack Sparrow fashion) that is not only exciting but is wildly entertaining.
- The back stories. All the back stories. I am so happy the directors decided to reveal more of the back stories of the characters, old and new. Who's connected to who, and most of all who's related to who.
- Learing how Jack Sparrow got his name. Not something that has a big effect of the film, but it was nice to learn how and by whom Jack Sparrow was named.
- Paul McCartney. Paul McCartney is amazing as Uncle Jack, and the story behind how he became a part of the film is even better. Who knew the simple question like ‘Do you want to be a pirate.‘ from Johnny would be all it took.
Don't miss Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, now playing in theaters everywhere.
About Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales
From Disney and Jerry Bruckheimer Films comes “Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales,” the fifth film in the now iconic “Pirates of the Caribbean” film franchise, which returns Johnny Depp to his Academy Award®-nominated role as the outrageous, swashbuckling scoundrel Captain Jack Sparrow. Depp is joined in this new adventure with Oscar® winners Javier Bardem and Geoffrey Rush, and cast members both new and familiar to “Pirates of the Caribbean” fans.
Portions of this material have been provided courtesy of Walt Disney Studios.