This post was sponsored by GOOD THiNS as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Being an active family means we eat on the go, more than I like to admit. But, eating on the go doesn't have to be unhealthy. With careful planning and preparation, eating on the go can be quite healthy and nutritionally balanced.
One of our favorite snacks to pack on our busiest nights and weekends are these balanced containers featuring a selection of fruits, veggies, proteins, and a small number of carbs. They’re the perfect treat for kids and adults alike.
Best of all, these gluten-free snack ideas don't need to be refrigerated making them the perfect tasty treats for active sports families or long road trips.
7 Quick & Easy Gluten-Free Snack Ideas That Don't Need to Be Refrigerated
Whether you're gluten-free or you know someone who is, packing a balanced gluten-free snack doesn't have to be a daunting task. These days, there is a wide variety of gluten-free options available at your local markets.
Here are 7 of our favorite gluten-free snacks readily available that don't need to be refrigerated.
- Fresh Fruit – While not all fresh fruit will hold outside of the fridge, bananas, apples, citrus fruits, berries, peaches, apricots, nectarines, and grapes are all kid-friendly fruits that don't require a utensil to eat.
- Dried Fruit – If fresh fruit isn't an option (or preference) for you and your family, dried fruit like figs, mango, cranberries, or a dried fruit berry medley may be a better option.
- Veggies – Baby carrots, cherry tomatoes, cucumbers, sweet peppers, and olives (yes, technically a fruit) are perfect for slicing and enjoying as a healthy snack on the go.
- Nuts – Nuts have become a go-to snack for many families in recent years. Cashews and almonds are two of our favorites, but you can always get creative with pistachios, macadamia nuts, walnuts, or pecans.
- Proteins (Meats) – Jerky is one of the most popular forms of on-the-go proteins available, with many options available including salmon, turkey, and beef, organic and grass-fed.
- Canned Fish – Canned fish packs a big punch of protein perfect for refueling. Be sure to shop for high-quality, wild-caught canned varieties that are high in omega-3s — such as salmon, herring, lake trout, sardines, mackerel, and albacore tuna.
- Gluten-Free Crackers – GOOD THiNS gluten-free crackers have become a staple in our pantry. With their variety of flavors including The Rice One – Simply Salt, Veggie Blend, The Corn One – Sea Salt, and Three Cheese available at limited locations, there is a flavor everyone in our family loves.
GOOD THiNS tops our list of gluten-free crackers thanks to their robust flavor. Plus, in addition to being gluten-free, GOOD THiNS are made with no artificial colors, flavors, or high fructose corn syrup, affirming that I'm making a good choice for my family's snack options.
While our kids prefer a simpler flavor, GOOD THiNS is The Rice One – Simply Salt, I favor the Veggie Blend featuring dried red bell pepper, dried black beans, pumpkin powder, and onion powder. They're the perfect snack-star made with rice and veggies and baked to crispy perfection.
But what I love most about GOOD THiNS is that you can easily pick up the new gluten-free GOOD THiNS varieties (and any snacks on our list today) in-store through Walmart Online Grocery Pick Up!
With the Walmart Online Grocery Pick Up, I can shop online while enjoying the same low-prices that are in-store and pick-up my order free at a time that is convenient for me. That's a win-win in my book!
This summer, make the pledge to snack smarter with GOOD THiNS at Walmart. A balanced snack will help your family stay full longer and stabilizes blood sugar levels to help to keep cravings at bay, so you can get out and enjoy your favorite adventures all summer long.