With the growing spread of the new coronavirus (COVID-19), we know this is a difficult time for many, and we’re committed to doing what we can to help families continue their children's educations at home during this unprecedented time of school shutdowns.
To help our readers and support their children's homeschool education, we've created this collection of awesome and FREE educational resources for kids.
We also have a collection of free homeschool printables and games on our site to help kids continue their education while having a little fun at the same time.
Homeschool printables you can find on our site include:
- Free Preschool Printables
- Faith Based Printables
- Free Printable Games
- Printable Reading Certificates
- Science Homeschool Printables
Click here to access the homeschool printables on our site.
Awesome FREE Educational Resources and Printables for Kids
Free Virtual Field Trips and Tours
From virtual trips to a zoo or national park, to an exploration to Mars, there are an abundant amount of online field trips you can take your family on right from your own home! Check out these online virtual field trips now available.
Virtual Museum Tours
Virtual Museum Resources
Virtual Field Trips
Virtual Tours of National Parks
Looking for even more online adventures, here are 45+ Educational Virtual Field Trips to Explore from Home.
Free Educational Websites
This HUGE LIST of online websites are normally subscription-based but they have made their websites available for non-subscription students during this time to keep the adventures of learning going: http://www.amazingeducationalresources.com.
And don't forget these favorite websites our kids love:
- DiscoveryEducation.com has a full resource specifically designed to teach kids about Coronavirus- (pretty cool!)
- duolingo.com (for learning foreign languages)
- YouTube.com (yes! they have TONS of educational videos!)
More Free Educational Resources for Homeschooling
- Organizational printables galore to help as you start homeschooling: https://www.theycallmeblessed.org/free-homeschool-printables/
- Lots of FREE Educational Resources listed here! Includes learning with news and graph making: https://happyhomeschoolingmum.com/2020/03/15/2020s-50-top-free-education-resources/
- Ideas for experiments outside: https://simplelivingcreativelearning.com/8-awesome-science-experiments/
- Laura Ingalls Unit Study: https://www.theycallmeblessed.org/free-laura-ingalls-unit-study/
- American Girl Kaya Unit Study: https://fieldsofdaisies.com/american-girl-kaya-unit-study/
- Here is a great resource for STEM activities: https://thebarefoothomeschoolingmom.blogspot.com/2018/12/25-awesome-stem-activities.html
- Wonderful geography resource: https://www.4onemore.com/homeschool-geography-mini-lessons-round-up/
- Sensory bin ideas for the littles in your life: https://twopineadventure.com/sensory-bins/
- Crafts using coffee filters and more: https://www.kitchentableclassroom.com/coffee-filter-flowers/
- For the elephant lovers in your home! These are very cute resources: http://whimsyandpurpose.com/2020/03/14/elephant-activities/
- LEGO challenges for LEGO lovers: https://thecanadianhomeschooler.com/lego-challenge-cards-printable/
- Here’s a resource for some Dr. Seuss fun: https://www.navigatinghomeschool.com/horton-hears-a-who-craft/
- Here is a great resource for animal science: https://www.thestudentshed.net/downloads/vertebrates/
- Enjoy some gardening fun with your kids: https://www.anoffgridlife.com/easiest-vegetables-to-grow-for-kids/
- Help for your active kiddos: https://outmatchedmama.com/9-indoor-learning-activities-for-active-kids/
We hope these free educational resources and printables will help you as you begin, or continue, your homeschool journey during the school shutdowns. We are always stronger together, and we hope everyone stays safe and healthy during this time.