Hi Everyone! Sami from the Unexpected Type here with a recipe for a new take on the chip, Baked Parmesan Squash Chips! Squash are some seriously neglected vegetables unless it's that time for picking pumpkins. When I found this beautiful squash in bloom in my garden the other day, I knew I had to make something that would taste amazing– behold squash chips!
Baked Parmesan Squash Chips
This Baked Parmesan Squash Chip recipe is seriously simple, and they were gone within 5 minutes of being out of the oven! Most of the ingredients are household staples, which should make this recipe a breeze. (P.S. They're a great way to get those veggies into your kids!)
Here's what you need:
- 3-4 medium yellow squash, sliced into ¼-inch rounds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- Non-Fat Greek Yogurt
- Preheat your oven to 450 degrees Then, line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine squash, olive oil, salt, and pepper; mix until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine panko crumbs, Parmesan cheese, oregano, and garlic powder.
- Dip slices of squash in cheese mixture and coat on both sides, pressing on the coating to stick.
- Place the squash in a single layer on the previously prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10 minutes; rotate pan and then bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until chips are golden brown.
- Remove from oven. Mix a dollop of Greek yogurt with salt and pepper to taste, then serve!
I love putting a new spin on unhealthy favorites like “chips” and seeing how everyone reacts! I hope you like these chips as much as my family did.