We are so excited Beauty and the Beast is now available everywhere on Blu-ray, and we can now watch this enchanting tale anytime we want with family and friends! To celebrate the release of Disney's latest film to come home on Blu-ray, we threw a party with these fun Beauty and the Beast party food recipes.
Beauty and the Beast Party Food
The story and characters audiences know and love come to spectacular life in Disney’s “Beauty and the Beast,” a live-action adaptation of the studio’s animated classic featuring an extraordinary ensemble cast, including: Emma Watson, Dan Stevens, Luke Evans, Kevin Kline, Josh Gad, Ewan McGregor, Stanley Tucci, Audra McDonald, Gugu Mbatha-Raw, Hattie Morahan and Nathan Mack with Ian McKellen and Emma Thompson.
Bonus features on the Beauty and the Beast Blu-ray include:
- Enchanted Table Read – You're invited to join the cast for the movie's elaborate staged table read, complete with singing and dancing to live music, set pieces, and more.
- A Beauty of a Tale – Explore the process of transforming a beloved animated film into a new live-action classic.
- The Women Behind Beauty and the Beast – Emma Watson introduces several of the many talented women in all aspects of production who helped bring this enchanted tale to life.
- From Song to Screen: Making the Musical Sequences – Discover what goes into creating some of Beauty and the Beast's best-known moments.
- Making a Moment with Celine Dion
- Beauty and the Beast Music Video & Making the Music Video
- Extended Song: Days in the Sun
- Deleted Scenes
- Song Selection
- and more!
Now that you know all the exciting bonus features included on the Blu-ray, check out all the fun Beauty and the Beast party food we made for our outdoor screening.
The Grey Stuff
Even Lumiere agrees that you need to serve The Grey Stuff in your Beauty and the Beast party food menu.
“Try the grey stuff, it's delicious. Don't believe me, ask the dishes” ~Lumiere
- 1 small pkg (3.4 oz) Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
- 1½ cups milk
- 15 Oreos
- 1 small tub Cool Whip (8 oz)
- 2 TB Instant Chocolate Pudding Mix
- sugar pearls
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk. Whisk well for two minutes as directed on the box, cover, and refrigerate
- While the pudding sets, place 15 Oreos in a food processor and blend until they become crumbs.
- Once the pudding sets, gently stir the crushed Oreos into the pudding mixture until combined
- Gently fold in Cool Whip and chocolate pudding until well combined. I like to do this in two or three batches. Refrigerate for one hour before serving.
The Grey Stuff can be served just about any way you desire. You can pipe a dollop on the middle of a plate, serve it in a bowl dip style, or you can even add powdered sugar, 2 tablespoons at a time, to firm up the mix to use as cupcake frosting. There's no limit to how you use this recipe. Once you plate the grey stuff as you desired, top with sugar pearls and serve immediately.
To say this dessert dip was a hit with our family is an understatement. We served the dip with Vanilla Wafers, but serving them with Oreos is so much better. Trust me. Either way, I couldn't keep the kids out of it, and they're so happy we have more in the fridge! Yum!
Enchanted Rose Cookies Decorating
We kept it easy for our Beauty and the Beast party food menu by using prepared cookie dough for our Enchanted Rose Cookies. Instead of decorating all the cookies ourselves, we decided to let the kids have fun and decorate their own enchanted rose cookies.
- prepared sugar cookie dough
- whipped vanilla frosting
- yellow food coloring
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- red food gel
- green food gel
- sugar pearls
- gold sanding sugar
- Prepare packed cookie dough as directed. Set aside to cool.
- Place frosting, food coloring, and powdered sugar in a bowl and, with a hand mixer, whip on high for 2 minutes. Set aside.
On a large table, set cookies, bowl of frosting, colored food gel, sugar pearls, and gold sanding sugar. Let kids have fun decorating their own cookies.
As you can see, Gracie LOVED decorating her own cookie.
It was looking amazing until she went a little crazy with the gold sanding sugar.
Setting Up Your Outdoor Theater
Setting up a Beauty and the Beast party food event with an outdoor screening is easy with a few supplies.
Here are the supplies we used for our screening:
- Camp Chef OS-144 Indoor or Outdoor Giant Movie Screen
- AAXA P300 Pico/Micro LED Projector
- Ion Audio iPA77 Tailgater Portable Bluetooth Speaker PA System with Microphone
- Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter
- AmazonBasics High-Speed HDMI Cable
Our outdoor entertainment equipment included the AAXA P300 Pico/Micro LED Projector, Ion Audio iPA77 Tailgater Portable Bluetooth Speaker PA System with Microphone, Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter, and Amazon Basics High-Speed HDMI Cable, and setting up the theater was so easy.
Playing Disney's Beauty and the Beast through the DMA iPhone app takes just three simple steps. First, plug the Apple Lightning Digital AV Adapter into a compatible phone, then connect the Amazon Basics High-Speed HDMI Cable between the adapter and the projector. Finally, select Beauty and the Beast in the DMA app and hit play. Yes, it's really that simple.
(NOTE: Charge the equipment the night before the party!)
If you have a large crowd and want to amplify the movie a bit more, plug the projector into the ION Tailgater speaker. You may want to set the unit on a small table to project over the kid's heads.
You can play a movie on the projector as soon as dusk sets, but the picture won't be as bright as it is at night. I highly suggest playing a movie at night, even if that means putting the little ones down for a nap so they can stay up late.
Once it gets dark, be ready to enjoy the show! With 1080p/1080i/720p resolutions available from this projector, 300 lumen, 2000:1 Contrast, Vibrant Color Technology with 15,000 hour LEDs, you'll be amazed at how clear the image shines on the screen.
What fun Beauty and the Beast party food will you serve at your outdoor screening? Leave your comments below. Don't forget to pin these party ideas for later.
Portions of this material have been provided courtesy of Walt Disney Studios.