Disneyland Resort's bigger-than-ever, joyous Lunar New Year Celebration extends to 17 days this year at Disney California Adventure park. Beginning January 20th, guests can join Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Mulan, and Mushu, as they experience Chinese and Vietnamese cultures with colorful live performances, including The Acrobats of China, ‘Hurry Home' a new feature before ‘World of Color,' fun-filled activities, beautiful decor, and all-new menus inspired by the cultures of China, Korea, and Vietnam.
Disneyland Resort Lunar New Year Celebration 2017
Did you know? Lunar New Year, traditionally celebrated within Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese cultures, commemorates the moment when both the sun and the moon begin their journey for another year, and this year is the Year of the Rooster. We were invited to experience the Lunar New Year celebration at Disney California Adventure park, and here are our favorite highlights from the celebration.
- ‘Mulan's Lunar New Year Procession' – Mulan and her dragon friend Mushu welcome the Year of the Rooster with a colorful and exciting procession of beautiful Chinese umbrella dancers, the Acrobats of China, and other delightful performers who arrive to music from Disney's beloved animated film Mulan.
- Limited-Time Lunar New Year Menu – Three locations within the Lunar New Year Marketplace offer foods inspired by the cultures of China (Pork Soup Dumplings, Turnip Cakes with Spicy Sausage), Korea (Kimchi Fried Rice, Steamed Vegetable Dumpling), and Vietnam (Sticky Rice Cake with Pork, Sugar Cane Shrimp Skewer). Additional Lunar New Year menu items at Paradise Garden Grill include Vegetable Japchae, Kalbi Beef Short Ribs with Steamed Rice, Whole Crispy Tilapia with Chile Vinaigrette, Beef Pho Noodle Soup, Mango Pudding, and Cassava Coconut Cake.
- Lucky Wishing Wall – Guests may add their own wishes for a wonderful future.
- Lunar New Year Decor – Beautiful ornamental lanterns and banners wishing guests a Happy Lunar New Year in English, Chinese, Korean, and Vietnamese.
- ‘Hurry Home – Lunar New Year Celebration' – This new feature prior to ‘World of Color,' features appearances by Mulan and the dragon Mushu, tells the tale of a journey home for Lunar New Year. The six-minute feature is presented in sequences, utilizing projected animation along with the lighting, special effects, and powerful fountains of ‘World of Color.'
…and of course, Mulan herself.
Disney Lunar New Year Celebration
After the Lunar New Year Celebration, head over to Disneyland for the return of the Main Street Electrical Parade. The Main Street Electrical Parade will light up the night at Disneyland for a limited time.
Disneyland's Lunar New Year and Main Street Electrical Parade
We were invited by Disneyland Resorts to the premiere of the Lunar New Year Celebration. Portions of this material have been provided courtesy of Disneyland Resorts.