Hi, everyone! Sami from The Unexpected Type here with another fun, simple DIY that will instantly spruce up any cupcake. I'm always on the search for an easy way to take my store bought or home made cupcake to the next level without the burden of trying to get fancy with frosting. I'm a big fan of fun cake toppers, they can totally make (and take) the cake! With just washi tape and wooden dowels, you can make these DIY glitter flag cupcake toppers in no time!
DIY Glitter Flag Cupcake Toppers
- Opaque glitter washi tape
- Small wooden dowels or toothpicks
- Start by cutting your washi tape into equal lengths and folding them in half. This will allow you to see exactly where you need to place your dowel or toothpick.
- Wrap the tape around the dowel, placing your dowel right where the crease from your fold is. Press the tape together. You should have a rectangle of washi tape around your dowel.
- Cut a triangle from the edge of the rectangle of your washi tape to create the flag shape. Stick into your cupcakes and that's it!
I'm in love with these glitter flag cupcake toppers right now! What are some of your favorite ways to top your cupcakes?