When I opened this month's box of #12MonthsOfMartha supplies, I knew exactly what I wanted to do with the gorgeous Vintage Decor Paints hand selected for me. It was time to give a desperately needed vintage decor chair a makeover. Our horribly ugly, gloss white 3rd generation little girl's chair which has been handed down through our family and was in desperate need of a little TLC.
DIY Vintage Decor Chair
What's wonderful about the new Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor Collection is that you can start any project with absolutely no prep, except for wiping any dust and debris off your work surface. Seriously. I painted right on top of the ugly gloss paint that was on this chair before, and the Martha Stewart Vintage Decor Paint went on as smooth as if I would have stripped and sanded my project.
Once you have your base colors down and have distressed your project, you can personalize any project with ease using Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor stencils. And best of all, the beautiful matte, chalky finish of this paint gives every project an authentic vintage feel.
- Martha Stewart Craft Vintage Decor Paint – Seashell
- Martha Stewart Craft Vintage Decor Paint – Wedding Cake
- Martha Stewart Craft Vintage Decor Stencil Set – Kaleidoscope Flower
- Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Décor Brush
- Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Décor Clear Wax
- Martha Stewart Crafts Foam Pouncers
- Martha Stewart Glass Patterning Tape
- 120 medium grit sandpaper
- Clean furniture from any dust and debris. Glass cleaner works wonderfully for this and doesn't leave a chemical residue.
- Using your Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Decor Brush, paint a thin coat of Martha Stewart Craft Vintage Decor Paint – Seashell over the entire project. Let dry as directed, then repeat for a 2nd coat.
- Using the vintage decor brush once again, paint a thin coat of Martha Stewart Craft Vintage Decor Paint – Wedding Cake over the entire project. Let dry as directed, then repeat for a 2nd coat.
- Carefully sand project with 120 medium grit sandpaper to create a vintage, distressed look.
- To stencil your vintage decor chair, secure stencil in selected area with patterning tape. Use a foam pouncer to apply selected vintage decor paint as desired. Remove stencil while the paint is still wet. Repeat throughout your project. Let dry as directed.
- Again, using the vintage decor brush, apply Martha Stewart Crafts Vintage Décor Clear Wax over your entire project to seal and protect it from moisture and marring. Let dry as directed, then repeat for a second coat.
- After 24 hours, buff project until desired shine.
I think it's safe to say, our daughter LOVES her new vintage decor chair as much as I do!
For more #12MonthsofMartha inspiration, follow #12MonthsofMartha on Pinterest and Instagram (simply search the hashtag #12MonthsofMartha!) or visit here!
If you love this vintage decor chair DIY, don't miss our other Martha Stewart Crafts below:
- DIY Chalkboard Sign – Eat Pray Love
- DIY Painted Vases
- DIY Stenciled Wood Pallet Crates
- DIY First Day of School Signs
- DIY Patriotic Wood Sign
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia for 12 Months of Martha.