Bursting with flavor, these delicious no-bake dark chocolate Sunbutter cookies take just minutes to whip up and don't require any oven time. Best of all they are made with healthy Sunbutter instead of peanut butter, so they are packed with protein and the healthy fat everybody needs.
Don't miss these delicious dark chocolate recipes: Salted Dark Chocolate Popcorn Recipe, World's Best Dark Chocolate Pumpkin Muffins Recipe, and Dark Chocolate Toasted Marshmallow S'mores Ice Cream Recipe
No-Bake Dark Chocolate Sunbutter Cookies
This sumptuous summery no-bake cookie recipe takes minutes to make, and the cookies will disappear just as fast. Replacing the peanut butter with Sunbutter not only cuts unhealthy fat from this recipe but makes these cookies safe to eat for anyone with a nut allergy.
No-bake cookies make a great summer picnic treat. You don't have to heat up your house with an oven and children love them.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
- 1 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk (whole milk if possible)
- 3 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup creamy Sunbutter
- 1/4 salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla
- 10 ounces dark chocolate chunks (frozen)
Note: Dark chocolate chips can be used, but they will melt into the warm cookie mixture. Either way, they are still oh so delicious!
- Line two cookie sheets with waxed paper. Set aside.
- Measure the milk and sugar in separate bowls and set aside.
- Measure oats, Sunbutter, and salt in one container and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large pot set over medium-high heat. Stir in sugar and milk and bring to a rolling boil. Continue stirring as mixture boils for exactly 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove pot from heat. Stir in vanilla. Add oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Add frozen dark chocolate chunks and stir just a few times so that chocolate is incorporated but does not melt completely.
- Drop oatmeal mixture by tablespoonfuls into little mounds onto prepared cookie sheets. Allow cookies to set and cool.
- Store in an air-tight container at room temperature or in the refrigerator for a more firm and chilled cookie.
What are your favorite mix-ins to add to your chocolate sunbutter cookies recipe?