The military runs deep in our family. For generations our fathers, grandfathers, uncles, cousins, and more have served our fabulous country, to fight for the freedom we have today.
This Veteran's Day, take the time to say thank you to our Military Heroes. Give them a smile, a handshake, a hug, or share a coffee moment with this patriotic breakfast in their honor and support those who fought for our freedom.
The Military in Our Family
My Grandfather, returning from World War II in 1945.
My father, Air Force 1969
My husband, Air Force 1981
Patriotic Pancake Breakfast
Celebrate the holiday with this festive, easy-to-make Patriotic Pancake Breakfast. Simply take your favorite pancake recipe and layer it with fresh fruit and whipped cream to create a healthy and sweet breakfast to kick-off your holiday celebration.
Makes 6 stacks.
- 18 mini pancakes (made from your favorite pancake batter)
- 1 cup freshly whipped cream
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 banana, sliced
- 6 strawberries, sliced
- powdered sugar, for dusting
Note: Be sure to let your pancakes cool before stacking them with whipped cream. Otherwise your whipped cream will melt and slide off your pancakes, and no one wants that!
Layer pancake stack as follows:
- Layer 1: pancake, whipped cream, blueberries.
- Layer 2: pancake, whipped cream, bananas.
- Layer 3: pancake, whipped cream, strawberry.
- Dust with powdered sugar and add a wooden pick or patriotic flag to stabilize, if necessary. Serve immediately.