Creating a beautiful DIY Chalkboard Sign has never been easier thanks to Martha Stewart Crafts Erasable Liquid Chalk. Simply design any message with your favorite Martha Stewart stencils and silkscreens on a chalkboard surface and rub Erasable Liquid Chalk on top of the stencils to create your message. Best of all, Erasable Liquid Chalk cleans up with water so you can create a new message as often as needed.
Whenever we face challenges is life our family likes to turn to inspirational quotes to keep us grounded and keep our spirits up. One of our favorite quotes is “Eat,Pray, Love”, a reminder of how we will make it through any challenge as long as we remember to feed our soul, keep our faith strong, and always love one another.
This was our inspiration for creating this easy DIY chalkboard sign. We will be relocating soon and this sign will fit perfect in our new house, all the while keeping our faith that everything happens for a reason.
Eat Pray Love DIY Chalkboard Sign
Create an easy DIY chalkboard sign with your favorite quote and Martha Stewart Erasable Liquid Chalk with this simple tutorial. Erasable Liquid Chalk is perfect for creating beautiful chalkboard designs you can change monthly, weekly, even daily.
- Martha Stewart Crafts Alphabet Adhesive Silkscreens – Bodoni Alphabet
- Martha Stewart Crafts Alphabet Adhesive Stencils – Fancy Alphabet
- Martha Stewart Crafts Multi Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint – Pea Shoot
- Martha Stewart Crafts Multi Surface Chalkboard Acrylic Craft Paint – Vanilla Bean
- Martha Stewart Crafts Erasable Liquid Chalk (White)
- Martha Stewart Utility Brush Set
- Natural Wooden Frame
- Paint the natural wooden frame in one of this month's Mad About Colors inspirational palette colors (I chose Multi Surface Satin Acrylic Craft Paint in Pea Shoot to match the Southern California feel of our new home). Paint two coats and let dry as directed.
- Paint the backing of the wooden frame with Multi Surface Chalkboard Acrylic Craft Paint – Vanilla Bean as directed, letting it dry 24 hours before conditioning.
- After 24 hours has passed, condition the chalkboard paint as directed with white chalk. Simply rub chalk over the paint and wipe clean.
- Place the Alphabet Adhesive Silkscreens – Bodoni Alphabet on your chalkboard surface as desired. Rub Erasable Liquid Chalk over the silkscreens to create your design. Remove the silkscreens and let dry as directed.
Tip: When laying out a stencil project, use spare letters as spacers for common letters that are repeated in a project like I did with the letter Q in ‘LOVE' below.
- When crafting with two little helpers under 4 years of age, accidents are bound to happen. Thankfully Erasable Liquid Chalk wipes clean with a damp towel or Qtip so you can easily correct any mishaps as they happen.
- Next, place the Alphabet Adhesive Stencils – Fancy Alphabet on your chalkboard surface as desired and rub with Erasable Liquid Chalk to create your design. Remove the stencils and let dry as directed.
- Place the decorated backing into the painted frame, and your new project is ready to display.
The July/August Martha Stewart Crafts Mad About Color Palette is all about savoring the end of summer! Check out this month’s colors featuring Wild Salmon, Blue Sky, Summer Linen, Sterling, and Pea Shoot below!
For more #12MonthsofMartha inspiration, follow #12MonthsofMartha on Pinterest and Instagram (simply search the hashtag #12MonthsofMartha!) or visit here!
This is a sponsored post on behalf of Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia for 12 Months of Martha.