We're heading to Walt Disney World Resort and the breathtaking Animal Kingdom Lodge in Florida for an exclusive trip to the world of Disney's Zootopia, where we'll screen the film Zootopia (opening in theatres on 3/4) and attend a press junket with 25 of our friends to interview Ginnifer Goodwin (voice of “Judy Hopps”), Jason Bateman (voice of “Nick Wilde”), Directors Byron Howard & Rich Moore, Producer Clark Spencer and Co-Director Jared Bush!
Follow along live with this event next weekend using the hashtag #ZootopiaEvent !
Exclusive Disney's Zootopia, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Walt Disney World Event
We're already had the opportunity to cover some amazing events for this upcoming film Zootopia, including a trip to Walt Disney Studio's Tujunga Campus where we're learned more about what it takes to create the world of Zootopia and its resident mammals. There has already been so much excitement around this film and I can't wait to learn more!
- Building a Magnificent Mammal Metropolis
- Creating the Citizens of Zootopia
- Anim(al)ation – Merging Animal and Human Behaviors Together to Create Zootopia
- Disney Filmmakers Present Zootopia
In addition to the events above, we also have a collection of free printable activities for kids at the links below. Kids will love these activities featuring exclusive coloring pages and more!
- Disney’s Zootopia – NEW Trailer and NEW Poster
- Zootopia Holiday Themed Activity Sheets – Free Printables for Christmas & New Years
- Zootopia Character Coloring Pages
And we can't forget the release of the first all-new original song from the film Zootopia, featuring Zootopia’s Gazelle, voiced by Grammy®-winning, international superstar Shakira.
While we're still waiting to learn more about the events during our trip, I invite everyone to follow along with ALL 25 Disney bloggers by following the hashtag #ZootopiaEvent!
UPDATE: We received our itineraries and here are a few of the fun things we'll be doing!
- Dinner and bowling at Splitsville (Disney Springs™ West Side).
- Backstage Safari Tour at Disney's Animal Kingdom theme park.
- An open-sided trip through the Kilimanjaro Safaris you would find in Africa.
- Exploring the flavors of Animal Kingdom in the Harambe Village Marketplace.
- Explore Disney's Hollywood Studios.
- Dinner at Hollywood Prop Shop.
- Dessert party followed by “Symphony in the Stars: A Galactic Spectacular” fireworks show.
I'm so excited I could scream! (Ok, maybe I did just a bit!)
The modern mammal metropolis of Zootopia is a city like no other. Comprised of habitat neighborhoods like ritzy Sahara Square and frigid Tundratown, it’s a melting pot where animals from every environment live together—a place where no matter what you are, from the biggest elephant to the smallest shrew, you can be anything.
But when rookie Officer Judy Hopps (voice of Ginnifer Goodwin) arrives, she discovers that being the first bunny on a police force of big, tough animals isn’t so easy. Determined to prove herself, she jumps at the opportunity to crack a case, even if it means partnering with a fast-talking, scam-artist fox, Nick Wilde (voice of Jason Bateman), to solve the mystery.
Walt Disney Animation Studios’ “Zootopia,” a comedy-adventure directed by Byron Howard (“Tangled,” “Bolt”) and Rich Moore (“Wreck-It Ralph,” “The Simpsons”) and co-directed by Jared Bush (“Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero”), opens in theaters on March 4, 2016.
Portions of this material and expenses for this trip have been provided by Walt Disney Studios.