Elf on the Shelf has become a beloved holiday tradition for many families. The mischievous little elf is known for causing all sorts of antics in the days leading up to Christmas. However, coming up with new ideas for your elf can be a challenge. Luckily, there are many free printable Elf on the Shelf props available online to help inspire you.
These props can be printed out at home and used to create new scenarios for your elf. From tiny suitcases and sleeping bags to miniature pizzas and cereal boxes, there are endless possibilities for your elf's adventures. These free printables are a fun and easy way to add some extra magic to your holiday season without breaking the bank.
Whether you're a seasoned Elf on the Shelf pro or a first-time participant, these free printable props are sure to come in handy. So gather up your printer and some scissors, and get ready to create some unforgettable memories with your elf.
Understanding Elf on The Shelf Tradition
Elf on the Shelf is a fun and interactive Christmas tradition that has been around since 2005. The tradition involves a Scout Elf who is sent from the North Pole to watch over children and report back to Santa about their behavior. The Elf arrives at homes in a keepsake box set that includes a storybook. The book explains that the Elf loves to report to Santa about each day's activities.
The Elf on the Shelf tradition is based on the idea that Santa has a team of Scout Elves who help him manage his naughty and nice list. The Scout Elves fly back to the North Pole each night to report to Santa and then return to the home in a new location each morning. This creates a fun and exciting game for children to play during the holiday season.
The Elf on the Shelf tradition typically begins on December 1st and lasts until Christmas Eve. During this time, the Elf will move around the house each night, creating mischief and fun for the children to discover each morning. Parents can create their own Elf on the Shelf scenarios or use free printable props to help create new and exciting adventures for their Elf.
The Elf on the Shelf tradition is a great way to create lasting memories with your family during the holiday season. It encourages children to be on their best behavior while also creating a sense of wonder and excitement about Christmas. So, embrace the Elf on the Shelf tradition and have fun creating new adventures for your Scout Elf each day!
Getting Started with Printable Props
For those who are new to the world of Elf on the Shelf, printable props are an exciting and creative way to enhance the experience. These free printable elf on the shelf props are designed to be printed on a standard printer and can be used to create fun and festive scenes with your Elf on the Shelf.
To get started with printable props, you will need access to a printer and some paper. There are many websites that offer free printable Elf on the Shelf props, such as Simplify Create Inspire, Made in a Day, and Elf on the Shelf.
Once you have found the props you want to use, simply download the printables and print them out on your printer. It is recommended that you use high-quality paper to ensure that the props look their best.
When printing the props, make sure that you select the correct paper size and set your printer to the highest quality setting. This will help to ensure that the props look crisp and clear.
-> Download the complete set of Free Printable Elf on the Shelf Props here. <-
After printing the props, it's time to get creative! Use the props to create fun and festive scenes with your Elf on the Shelf. You can use the props to create a winter wonderland, a beach scene, or even a superhero adventure.
Overall, printable props are a fun and easy way to enhance your Elf on the Shelf experience. With a little creativity and some high-quality paper, you can create amazing scenes that will delight your family and friends.
Creative Elf Idea Suggestions
Looking for some creative ideas to make your Scout Elf's visit more exciting? Here are some fun and easy Elf on the Shelf ideas that you can try out:
- Elf Antics: Give your Scout Elf a mischievous personality by setting up some silly and playful antics. For example, you can have your elf hanging upside down from a chandelier or swinging from a ceiling fan. The possibilities are endless!
- Elf Dunk Tank: Set up a dunk tank with your elf as the target. Use a small container or a plastic cup for the tank and fill it with water. Then, place your elf on the target and take turns trying to hit the target with a small ball or beanbag.
- Candy Cane Jail: Create a jail cell with candy canes and have your elf guard the cell. If your child misbehaves, they might just end up in the candy cane jail!
- Nice List: Help your child stay on the nice list by having your elf leave little notes of encouragement and praise for good behavior. You can also use the notes to give your child small tasks to complete, like cleaning their room or helping with chores.
- Elf Scavenger Hunt: Create a scavenger hunt with clues that lead to your elf's hiding spot. Use a printable scavenger hunt template to make it even easier.
- Elf Planner: Keep track of your elf's antics with a printable Elf on the Shelf planner. Use it to plan out your elf's activities for the week or month.
- Elf Costumes: Dress up your elf in fun and festive costumes. You can find printable costumes online or make your own with craft supplies.
- Elf Adoption Certificate: Make your child's elf adoption official with a printable adoption certificate.
- Elf Kissing Booth: Set up a kissing booth with your elf as the main attraction. Use a small container or a cardboard box for the booth and decorate it with festive decorations.
- Elf Baking Set: Have your elf leave a baking set for your child to use. Include a printable recipe and all the ingredients needed to make a sweet treat.
- Elf Taco Stand: Set up a taco stand with your elf as the chef. Use a small container or a cardboard box for the stand and decorate it with festive decorations.
- Elf Donuts Box: Leave a box of donuts for your child to find in the morning. Use a printable donut box template to make it even more special.
- Elf Ice Cream Stand: Set up an ice cream stand with your elf as the server. Use a small container or a cardboard box for the stand and decorate it with festive decorations.
- Elf Scavenger Hunt Clues: Use printable Elf on the Shelf scavenger hunt clues to create a fun and exciting game for your child to play.
- Elf Charades: Have your elf leave a set of printable charades cards for your child to play with friends or family.
- Secret Santa Message: Have your elf leave a secret Santa message for your child. Use a printable message template to make it even more special.
- Elf Photo Props: Create a fun and festive photo booth with printable Elf on the Shelf photo props. Use a small container or a cardboard box for the booth and decorate it with festive decorations.
- Elf Superhero Costumes: Dress up your elf in superhero costumes and have them save the day!
- Elf Sleeping Bag: Make your elf comfortable with a printable sleeping bag. Use it to tuck your elf in at night.
- Elf on the Shelf Rocket Ship: Blast off to the North Pole with a printable Elf on the Shelf rocket ship. Use it to take your elf on an adventure!
- Elf Mail Printable: Have your elf leave a special note or message for your child with a printable Elf Mail template.
- Good Behavior: Reinforce good behavior with a printable Elf on the Shelf good behavior chart.
- Sweet Treats: Leave sweet treats for your child to find in the morning. Use a printable treat bag template to make it even more special.
- Printable Activities: Keep your child entertained with printable Elf on the Shelf activities. Use them to create a fun and festive holiday experience.
- Camping: Set up a camping tent with your elf as the camp counselor. Use a small container or a cardboard box for the tent and decorate it with festive decorations.
Holiday Season Fun with Elf
The holiday season is a time of joy, excitement, and family traditions. One of the most popular traditions during the Christmas season is the Elf on the Shelf. This little elf brings magic and wonder into homes all over the world, and children love to wake up each morning to see what antics their elf has been up to while they were sleeping.
To make the Elf on the Shelf experience even more fun and exciting, there are many free printable props available online. These props can be used to create new scenarios and add a festive touch to the Christmas countdown.
Some of the most popular free printable props for Elf on the Shelf include elf-sized games, camping scenes, hats, and doors. These simple ideas are perfect to inspire good behavior and spark creative ideas during the holiday season.
In addition to using free printable props, families can also incorporate other festive activities into their Elf on the Shelf experience. Baking Christmas cookies, decorating the Christmas tree, and watching holiday movies are all great ways to get into the holiday spirit.
Overall, the Elf on the Shelf tradition is a fun and exciting way to celebrate the holiday season. With the help of free printable props and other festive activities, families can create magical memories that will last a lifetime.
Accessorizing Your Elf
One of the best things about having an Elf on the Shelf is being able to accessorize them with fun and festive props. Whether you want to create a photo booth for your elf or give them a new outfit, there are plenty of options available.
One popular accessory for your elf is a reindeer. You can find miniature reindeer that are the perfect size for your elf at many craft stores or online retailers like Amazon. This is a great way to add some holiday cheer to your elf's setup.
Another fun accessory for your elf is a set of candy canes. You can use these to create a candy cane hunt or simply have your elf hold them for a festive touch. You can also find free printables online for candy cane wrappers that you can use to add some extra flair.
For a cozy touch, consider getting your elf a sleeping bag or a tiny Santa hat. You can also find miniature glasses or a top hat for a more formal look. Just be sure to use tape or an envelope to keep your elf's accessories secure.
If you want to take things up a notch, consider creating an entire elf on the shelf costume. You can use card stock, toothpicks, and other materials to create everything from an elf camping set to a toy car for your elf to ride in.
No matter how you choose to accessorize your elf, remember that the possibilities are endless. Get creative and have fun with it!
Sharing Your Elf Adventures
Once you have your Elf on the Shelf props, it's time to start getting creative with your elf's adventures! One fun idea is to set up a scavenger hunt for your kids, with each clue leading them to a new elf scene. You can use the printable props to create a variety of different scenes, from a cozy campfire to a miniature snowball fight.
Another way to share your elf's adventures is by joining a Facebook group dedicated to Elf on the Shelf ideas. These groups are full of creative parents sharing their own ideas and offering support and encouragement to others. You can also share your own ideas and photos for others to see and enjoy.
Remember, the most important thing is to have fun with your Elf on the Shelf adventures. Don't worry too much about making everything perfect – the joy is in the creativity and the memories you create with your family.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some creative ideas for Elf on the Shelf props?
There are countless creative ideas for Elf on the Shelf props! Some popular ideas include creating miniature scenes with household items, like a tiny kitchen or a tiny Christmas tree. You can also print out miniature accessories, like hats or glasses, to add to your elf's wardrobe. Another fun idea is to create a miniature photo booth for your elf, complete with props like mustaches and silly glasses.
How can I make my own Elf on the Shelf props?
Making your own Elf on the Shelf props can be a fun and creative activity for both kids and adults! You can use items you already have around the house, like craft supplies or even food items, to create unique and personalized props for your elf. You can also print out free templates and designs from the internet to use as a starting point for your own creations.
Where can I find free printable Elf on the Shelf props?
There are many websites that offer free printable Elf on the Shelf props, including elfontheshelf.com, simplifycreateinspire.com, and hellocreativefamily.com. These sites offer a variety of props, from miniature accessories to full scenes, that you can print out and use to create fun and festive Elf on the Shelf displays.
What are some easy DIY Elf on the Shelf prop ideas?
If you're looking for easy DIY Elf on the Shelf prop ideas, there are many simple and fun projects you can try. Some ideas include creating miniature signs or banners with festive messages, making miniature food items out of clay or felt, or printing out and assembling miniature furniture pieces. You can also use household items, like cotton balls or paper plates, to create unique and playful props for your elf.
How can I involve my kids in making Elf on the Shelf props?
Involving your kids in making Elf on the Shelf props can be a fun and engaging activity for the whole family! You can encourage your kids to come up with their own ideas for props, or you can work together to create unique and personalized displays. You can also use this as an opportunity to teach your kids about creativity, resourcefulness, and the joy of giving.
What are some unique Elf on the Shelf prop ideas?
If you're looking for unique Elf on the Shelf prop ideas, there are many creative and playful options to choose from. Some ideas include creating a miniature movie theater for your elf, complete with popcorn and tickets, or setting up a miniature ski slope with cotton ball snow and toothpick ski poles. You can also create a miniature spa for your elf, complete with a bubble bath and miniature bathrobe. The possibilities are endless!